MD program for High School graduates
- APPLICATION DATES
- ADMISSION CRITERIA
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
- APPLICATION FORMS
MD Program for High School graduates
Application submission start date for the academic year 2017/2018: February 1, 2017
The application form is accessible only during the period between February 1 - May 4, 2017
Application deadline (admission for the 2017/2018 academic year): May 4, 2017
Entry Exam dates:
Kraków, Poland - May 15, 2017
Chicago, IL, USA - May 20, 2017
Kraków, Poland - May 31, 2017
Oslo, Norway - June 3, 2017
CLICK HERE for the ENTRANCE EXAMINATION RESULTS IN THE ADMISSION PROCESS FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2016/2017
Persons eligible for admission to the studies are the holders of:
- a document confirming knowledge of English language, provided that secondary education was conducted in a language other than English (eg. International English Language Testing System- IELTS at least 6.5, Test of English as Foreign Language -TOEFL Paper Based Test at least a 510 points test score and at least 3,5 points from TWE, TOEFL Computer Based Test (TOEFL CBT) at least a 180 points test score and at least 50 points from TWE, TOEFL Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT) - at least a 87 points, TOEIC min 700),
- a high school-leaving examination certificate or diploma of secondary education, which entitles its holder to be considered for admission to MD programs in the state it was obtained in,
- Biology or Physics and Chemistry courses completed during secondary and/or supplementary education and confirmed by a certificate including grade, or by an entry in diploma of secondary education, who will sit for the entrance examination conducted in English.
ADMISSIONS TO THE PROGRAM ARE BASED SOLELY ON THE ENTRANCE EXAM RESULTS. EXAMS are held in Krakow-Poland, Oslo-Norway (for candidates from Scandinavia) and Chicago-USA. The examination is a 100-question multiple-choice test in Biology (55 questions) and Chemistry (45 questions) in English. Time for the exam 150 min.
Please find below examination material scope:
Biology NEW added: 2016-11-21 15:55:04
Chemistry NEW added: 2016-11-21 15:55:26
The application is to include the following documents:
- complete application form (printed, dated and signed) along with,
- motivation letter with (one A4 page long essay in English on reasons for choosing medical studies),
- photocopy of the diploma of secondary education or a photocopy of high school certificate (transcript of grades) or photocopy of supplementary education certificate comprising grades in the following subjects: biology and chemistry,
- photocopy of a document confirming knowledge of English language, provided that secondary education was conducted in a language other than English,
After receiving the application form and the application fee from a Candidate, Biology and Chemistry Guides are sent via email. The guides are designed to help one to prepare for the entrance exam. Please be advised that University experience difficulties in reaching HOTMAIL accounts and therefore two email addresses would be preferred.
Upon acceptance for admission an applicant is obliged to submit the following documents:
- a document confirming knowledge of English language, provided that secondary education was conducted in a language other than English,
- health certificate (see Application Forms),
- photocopy of passport (page with photograph only),
- immunization proof (see Application Forms),
- photocopy of a document certifying possession of insurance policy (health and accident insurance) valid for the period of study in Poland, or a photocopy of European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (applies to candidates who do not hold Polish citizenship),
- an occupational medicine doctor's medical certificate issued in Poland attesting lack of contraindications against undertaking studies,
- 2 passport photographs (NOTE: photographs must colour and passport-quality, very clear with a contrasting background. Scanned photographs are not passport-quality and therefore not acceptable).
- a high school-leaving examination certificate or diploma of secondary education, which entitles its holder to be considered for admission to a medical program in the state it was obtained in, certified with an affixed apostille.
NOTE: Recognition of secondary certificates and diplomas
Most certificates do not require undergoing any additional recognition procedures in Polish governmental offices since they are recognized by virtue of law. If your document was issued in one of the countries enlisted below, you do not need to apply for a recognition decision. (Please remember that the document still has to prove your eligibility to undertake studies in the issuing country!)
The following certificates are recognized by virtue of law:
- Issued by schools or education institutions operating within the education framework of a member state of the European Union, member state of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), member state of European Free Trade Association (EFTA)—a party to the Agreement on European Economic Area, entitling its holder to apply for university admission in those countries (Article 93(1)(1) of the Polish Act on the Education System).
- International Baccalaureate diplomas and European Baccalaureate certificates.
- Certificates recognized on the basis of an international agreement signed by Poland with other countries. Detailed information about such international agreements is available on the Ministry of Science and Higher Education website (in Polish only).
If the certificate does not fall within any of the above-mentioned categories, it has to undergo the administrative procedure for its recognition as a document which gives its holder right to undertake higher education, by a decision issued by the Education Officer (kurator oświaty). For the Jagiellonian University, the appropriate education office is Małopolskie Kuratorium Oświaty in Kraków (website available in Polish only). The decision should be obtained by the end of the first semester.
If you have been granted a nostrification before 31 March 2015 and your certificate does not fall within any of the above-mentioned categories, please include the certificate of nostrification in your set of required documents submitted to the university.
From the academic year 2017/2018
MD program for High School graduates
First Year Tuition Fee:
12 400 Euro
Second Year Tuition Fee:
12 000 Euro
Third Year Tuition Fee:
12 000 Euro
Fourth Year Tuition Fee:
12 000 Euro
Fifth Year Tuition Fee:
12 000 Euro
Sixth Year Tuition Fee:
12 000 Euro
Tuition fee is due by September 30th. The payment should be made in Euro by bank check or wire transfer to the school account (as stated on the certificate of acceptance).
If making the payment in two installments, the 1st installment (not less than half of the yearly tuition) is due by September 30, and the 2nd by February 15 of each year.
You can contact some of our graduates for further reference. Please see the list below.
For first-year students school starts on the first Monday of September with an Orientation Day followed by obligatory one-month September Introductory Course.
For more information on the academic program, please go to ACADEMIC PROGRAM
Applications to this program are accepted through
Each candidate must generate an individual OAS account. The system will open on February 1, 2017
Application fee: 75 PLN / 18 EUR / 20 USD
To apply to this program, please register using one of the following links:
a) if you hold Polish citizenship (either on its own or in addition to any other), go here;
NOTE: It is important that you declare your Polish citizenship. As a Polish citizen, you do not need a visa to enter Poland. Your citizenship will be verified if you apply for a legalisation of your stay in Poland upon arrival to Krakow. If you do have Polish citizenship you may request a health insurance from the University valid for the whole period of your studies. it is recommended that you make sure your polish passport has not expired.
b) if you DO NOT hold Polish citizenship, go here.
Candidates from Scandinavia are advised to contact EEC in Norway, responsible for managing the exam in Oslo, for detailed information on subjects and documents required and to apply.
European Educational Consultants (EEC)
EEC v. Ellen Bergene
Please note that the University experiences difficulties in reaching HOTMAIL accounts.
Only applications supported with all required documents will be processed.
Forms to be downloaded:
Immunization form is to be sent only after admission to the program.
In order to view the forms, you need to have adobe acrobat reader.
Immunization Form added: 2006-11-17 17:43:54
Health Certificate added: 2006-11-17 17:47:06