- APPLICATION DATES
- ADMISSION CRITERIA
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
- APPLICATION FORMS
Application submission start date for the academic year 2017/2018: February 1, 2017
The application form is accessible only between February 1 - May 4, 2017
Application deadline (admission for the 2017/2018 academic year): May 4, 2017
Entry Exam dates:
Kraków, Poland - May 15, 2017
Chicago, IL, USA - May 20, 2017
Kraków, Poland - May 31, 2017
Oslo, Norway - June 4, 2017
CLICK HERE for the ENTRANCE EXAMINATION RESULTS for the academic year 2016/2017
Persons eligible for admission at the studies are the holders of:
- a document confirming knowledge of English language, provided that secondary education was conducted in language other than English (eg. International English Language Testing System- IELTS at least 6.5, Test of English as Foreign Language -TOEFL Paper Based Test at least a 510 points test score and at least 3,5 points from TWE, TOEFL Computer Based Test (TOEFL CBT) at least a 180 points test score and at least 50 points from TSE, TOEFL Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT) - at least a 87 points, TOEIC min 700),
- a high school-leaving examination certificate or diploma of secondary education, which entitles its holder to be considered for admission to medical or dental (MD or DDS) programs in the state it was obtained in,
- Biology or Physics and Chemistry courses completed during secondary and/or supplementary education and confirmed by a certificate including grade, or by entry in diploma of secondary education, who will sit for the entrance examination conducted in English.
Entrance examination is a 100-question test in Biology (55 questions) and Chemistry (45 questions) in English. It will be held in Chicago, IL, USA and Kraków, Poland. For candidates from Scandinavia it will be held in Oslo. Time for the exam 150 min.
Please find below examination material scope:
Chemistry NEW added: 2016-11-21 15:55:26
The application is to include the following documents:
- complete application form (printed, dated and signed) along with,
- motivation letter with (one A4 page long essay on reasons for choosing medical studies),
- photocopy of diploma of secondary education or a photocopy of high school certificate (transcript of grades) or photocopy of supplementary education certificate comprising grades in the following subjects: biology and chemistry,
- photocopy of a document confirming knowledge of English language, provided that secondary education was conducted in language other than English,
- 2 passport photographs (format: 37x52mm; NOTE: photographs in formats other than required will not be accepted).
After receiving application form and the registration fee from a Candidate, Biology and Chemistry Guides are sent via e-mail together with the registration form. The guides are designed to help one to prepare for the entrance exam. The registration form will include optional examination dates to choose from. It is to be filled out and sent back to the School Office (via regular mail, e-mail or fax).
Upon acceptance for admission an applicant is obliged to submit the following documents:
- a document confirming knowledge of English language, provided that secondary education was conducted in language other than English,
- health certificate (see Application Forms),
- photocopy of passport (page with photograph only),
- 4 passport photographs (format: 37x52mm; NOTE: photographs in formats other than required will not be accepted),
- immunization proof (see Application Forms),
- photocopy of document certifying possession of insurance policy (health and accident insurance) valid for the period of study in Poland, or a photocopy of European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (applies to candidates who do not hold Polish citizenship),
- an occupational medicine doctor's medical certificate issued in Poland attesting lack of contraindications against undertaking studies,
- photocopy of birth certificate (concerning applicants not holding Polish citizenship),
- a high school-leaving examination certificate or diploma of secondary education, which entitles its holder to be considered for admission to medical program in the state it was obtained in, certified with an affixed apostille.
NOTE: Recognition of secondary certificates and diplomas
Most certificates do not require undergoing any additional recognition procedures in Polish governmental offices since they are recognized by virtue of law. If your document was issued in one of the countries enlisted below, you do not need to apply for a recognition decision. (Please remember that the document still has to prove your eligibility to undertake studies in the country of issue!)
The following certificates are recognized by virtue of law:
- Issued by schools or education institutions operating within the education framework of a member state of the European Union, member state of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), member state of European Free Trade Association (EFTA)—a party to the Agreement on European Economic Area, entitling its holder to apply for university admission in those countries (Article 93(1)(1) of the Polish Act on the Education System).
- International Baccalaureate diplomas and European Baccalaureate certificates.
- Certificates recognized on the basis of international agreement signed by Poland with other countries. Detailed information about such international agreements are available on the Ministry of Science and Higher Education website (in Polish only).
If the certificate does not fall within any of the above mentioned categories, it has to undergo the administrative procedure for its recognition as a document which gives its holder right to undertake higher education, by a decision issued by the Education Officer (kurator oświaty). For the Jagiellonian University the appropriate education office is Małopolskie Kuratorium Oświaty in Kraków (website available in Polish only). The decision should be obtained by the end of the first semester.
If you have been granted a nostrification before 31 March 2015 and your certificate does not fall within any of the above mentioned categories, please include the certificate of nostrification in your set of required documents submitted to the university.
From the academic year 2017/2018
Fees in Euro
First Year Tuition Fee
11 000 Euro
Second Year Tuition Fee
11 000 Euro
Third Year Tuition Fee
12 500 Euro
Fourth Year Tuition Fee
13 000 Euro
Fifth Year Tuition Fee
13 000 Euro
Tuition fee is due by September 30th. The payment should be made in Euro by bank check or wire transfer to the school account.
If making the payment in two installments, the 1st installment (not less than half of the yearly tuition) is due by September 30, and the 2nd by February 15 of each year.
You can contact some of our graduates for further reference. Please see the list below.
Applications to this program are accepted through
Each candidate must generat an individual OAS account. The system will open on February 1, 2017
Application fee: 75 PLN / 18 EUR / 20 USD
To apply to this program, please register using one of the following links:
a) if you hold Polish citizenship (either on its own or in addition to any other), go here;
NOTE: It is important that you declare your Polish citizenship. As a Polish citizen you do not need a visa to enter Poland. Your citizenship will be verified if you apply for legalisation of your stay in Poland upon arrival to Krakow. If you do have Polish citizenship you may request a health insurance from the Univeristy valid for the whole period of your studies. it is recommended that you make sure your polish passport has not expired.
b) if you DO NOT hold Polish citizenship, go here.
Candidates from Scandinavia are advised to contact EEC in Norway, responsible for managing the exam in Oslo, for detailed information on subjects and documents required and to apply.
European Educational Consultants (EEC)
EEC v. Ellen Bergene
Please note that the University experiences difficulties in reaching HOTMAIL accounts.
Only applications supported with all documents required will be processed.
In order to view the forms you need to have adobe acrobat reader.
Immunization Form added: 2006-11-17 17:43:54
Health Certificate added: 2006-11-17 17:47:06