A student must be awarded a grade or credit for each of the subjects included in the in the curriculum unless the study programme or curriculum stipulates otherwise.
Grades and credits are awarded as per the following grading scale:
- 5.0 - Very Good
- 4.5 - Good Plus
- 4.0 - Good
- 3.5 - Satisfactory Plus
- 3.0 - Satisfactory
- 2.0 - Failed
Grading rules and criteria, as well as the method of calculating grades in case of subjects including more than one form of classes, are specified by Course Coordinators and explained in the course syllabi.
The awarded grades and credits shall be entered into documents recording the course of studies.
- Transferring Credits/ Grades in a course entails: exemption from participation in classes, and being granted a Credit/ Grade in the given course.
- Only Credits/ Grades obtained at another medical university may be considered for transfer.
- Transferring Credits/Grades is NOT ground for reduction of tuition fee at the JU MC SME.
How to apply
To apply for Transfer Credit/ Grade, a Student needs to contact the Course Coordinator and present him/her with:
- Credit/ Grade Transfer form (the first section is to be filled out by the Student),
- transcript from the medical school, at which the course was successfully passed (either the original or true copy issued by the JU MC SME Office),
- syllabus of the course.
Upon consideration of the documents presented by the Student, the Course Coordinator informs the School Office on whether or not the Credit/Grade can be transferred by filling in the appropriate section on the Credit/Grade Transfer form and sending it to the School Office along with the rest of the documents provided by the student.
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, JU MC makes the final decision on whether or not the Credit/ Grade can be transferred.