Dom Studencki Collegium Medicum UJ
Address: ul. Racławicka 9a
Tel. no. 12 390 88 00
Jagiellonian University Medical College, School of Medicine in English offers its first year students spots in a newly renovated dormitory located at ul. Racławicka 9a.
Description of the facility
The dormitory offers single rooms in units comprising 2 rooms, kitchenette and bathroom with toilet. 24/7 reception desk service.
The building also offers its residents access to facilities such as: fully equipped gym and aerobics room (with TV and DVD), separate male and female changing rooms with lockers and sanitary base; two conference halls with a screen, multimedia projector, flipchart boards, TV, DVD, storage space, kitchen and free access toilets; two study rooms; laundry room with 4 washer-dryer machines and ironing boards (irons can be obtained at the reception desk), drying room; and bicycle storage room. There is NO cafeteria/ canteen on the premises.
1000 PLN/month for a single room
Each room is equipped with:
- an internet socket;
- a TV socket ;
- a telephone socket (with a telephone; internal and incoming calls only);
- furniture: desk with a top section, bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, table, chairs;
- other: duvet, pillow, blanket, bedspread, bed linen set, set of towels, clothes hangers, bedside lamp.
Each unit is equipped with:
- a kitchenette with: an electric cooker, electric kettle, refrigerator, a set of 3 pots, a pan, soup plates, dinner plates, dessert plates, bowls, mugs and cutlery;
- a bathroom with toilet;
- a hallway with a wardrobe, clothes hanger and a mirror.
All resident units are cleaned once a week. Cleaning includes: vacuuming the carpet in each room, wiping the top of the kitchen cabinet, sink, cooker and floor, cleaning sanitary units in the bathroom, and washing the floor in the kitchenette, hallway and bathroom.
Bed linen is changed every fortnight, and towels are changed once a week.
Photo gallery http://www.akademikd.cm.uj.edu.pl/galeria
The dormitory is located within walking distance from the Main Market Square (about 10-minute walk) in a central part of the city, well communicated with the rest of the city: 6 tram stops to JU MC buildings, two direct tram routes; many tram routes to the city center (i.e. tram routes no. 4, 8, 13, 14, 24), night bus (no. 601), convenient connection to the airport. Nearest tram stop is 400m away from the building.
How to get there
From the Balice Airport:
take a bus route no. 292 (ride for about 30 minutes; get off at the 25th stop: PLAC INWALIDÓW), next, take any tram route in the direction: BRONOWICE and get off on the next stop: URZĘDNICZA. Take the first street on your right, ul. Urzędnicza, walk one block, turn left into ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego, walk one block and turn right into ul. Racławicka. Walk for 150 m.
For different connections, you can use a public transportation search engine:
For tram and bus schedules, please go to: http://rozklady.mpk.krakow.pl/
Information can be sought for by: tram stop (either Biprostal or Urzędnicza – please see the map), or by route number (no. 4, 8, 13, 14, 24; night bus: 601).
JU MC Dormitory Booking 2016
Circa 90 spots in the dormitory are available for JU MC SME students until September 18, 2016 (Sunday).
80 spots in the dormitory are reserved for the JU MC SME students (both 1st year and senior years) for the whole of the academic year (August 20, 2016 – June 30, 2017).
Accommodation in the dormitory may be booked either:
a) for the period from August 20 (Saturday) until September 18 (Sunday), or
b) the whole academic year.
If one initially books a room for one month, but later decides to stay longer, one needs to report that to the dormitory Administrator and prolong the booking for the entire academic year (depending on spots availability).
Spots will be reserved depending on room availability. Note: first come, first served. All persons who do not prolong their booking will be obliged to move out by September 18 (Sunday).
Rooms might be available throughout summer; if you need accomodation earlier than August 20, 2016, please check with the administrator.
Any questions regarding booking of accomodation in the dormitory are to be directed to: Monika Kołek (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone no.: +48 12 422 80 42)
Price and Payments:
1. Price: 1000 PLN/ month for a single room (in a two-single-rooms sets); 50 PLN/night for a single room;
2. Payment is to be made to the dormitory account and confirmation sent to Monika Kołek (email@example.com);
3. The payment of 1000 PLN made at registration will cover the stay from August 20 until September 18, unless:
a) you ask to prolong the booking for the whole academic year. In that case, the payment will be reentered as deposit (security payment that will be reimbursed the moment you are leaving the dormitory, provided that no damage was done to the room – see Rules and regulations, pt.7).
b) Dormitory Administration finds damage in the room, in which case you will be charged with the cost of repairs.
4. Payment of rent for each month is due by 10th of each month. Information on that is included in the Rules and Regulations of the Dormitory, which are available in each of the rooms.
For more details please consult the Price and Payments section.
How to make the booking (applies to 1st year students only)
It will be active from June 8 (10am) till July 10, 2016
2. Availability of a room will be confirmed by Monika Kołek in a response e-mail. Provided will also be dormitory account details to which you will need to make a deposit of 1000PLN. Proof of payment should be e-mailed to Monika Kołek.
3. Finalization of booking will be confirmed via e-mail once the deposit is received by the dormitory financial department.
Deadline for signing up: July 10, 2016 (Sunday).
Deadline for deposits: July 17, 2016 (Sunday).
Price and Payments
- Price: 1000 PLN/ month for a single room (in a two-single-rooms sets); 50 PLN/night for a single room;
- Payment is to be made to the dormitory account and confirmation sent to Monika Kołek (the latter applies to UJ CMSME students only);
- The payment of 1000 PLN made at registration will cover the stay from August 20 until September 18, unless:
- you ask to prolong the booking for the whole academic year. In that case, the payment will be reentered as deposit (security payment that will be reimbursed the moment you are leaving the dormitory, provided that no damage was done to the room – see Rules and regulations, pt.7);
- Dormitory Administration finds damage in the room, in which case you will be charged with the cost of repairs.
- Payment of rent for each month is due by 10th of each month. Information on that is included in the Rules and Regulations of the Dormitory, which are available in each of the rooms, and acknowledgement of which is made when signing the personal details form at the reception desk. The monthly rent covers the period for the first to the last day of each month.
- If one books a room for one month only and then extends the stay the payment of 1000 PLN will cover the period from September 1 until September 30. All days outside of that period (August) will be calculated at the student daily rate of 50 PLN /day for each of the student, according to the number of days spent at the dormitory. Information on the amount due was provided to each student individually by the administration of the building.
"I have enjoyed my stay in this student dormitory! The carefully-designed living space as well as the well-equipped facilities in the common area which includes study rooms and fitness room had provided me a very conducive environment, both for studying and relaxing. On top of that, I highly praised the friendly and efficient administrative staffs, receptionists and others who make everything so convenient for the residents. This has been the place which I call home for the past three consecutive years and I highly recommend it to the newcomers who seek for a place with great comfort and a community-feeling." -Hong Huat